Bumper plates are helpful for many reasons. First, they can help keep your gym clothes from getting dirty. Second, they can offer you a place to store and carry your plates as you head out to the gym or storage room. Many gyms will even charge you for storage if you don’t purchase a bumper plate holder.
Bumpers are a great way to have some extra storage when not using your home gym. Although Bumper plates can be used for a variety of purposes, such as storage, display, or even as a countertop weight machine, they are not necessarily best suited for every situation. However, with that being said, you have come to the right place! Let’s take a quick look at what you should keep away from purchasing Bumper plates vs conventional plates for your gym/ Home gym.
Why not use a resistance trainer instead?
One of the main reasons you might want to consider acquiring a Bumper plater over a conventional plate is because the latter is usually associated with a great deal of hard work. While the conventional plate has its place in fitness and home usage, the resistance plate has proved to be a more consistent, effective, and affordable storage method.
Why buy a dumbbell instead of a bar?
Although racks and shelves are often associated with home fitness and exercise malls, you can also find them in stores and online. Both types of shelving are great for storing your favourite things.
- Bumper plates are more stable than most home gyms
Bumper plates are more stable than most home gyms. This means they will not fall over when you stand or sit on them. This also means they are easier to set up and take down.
- Bumper stores are much cheaper than conventional storage systems
Bumper plate storage can stores are often much cheaper than conventional storage systems. This is because most Bumper plate storage can store and operate as a single-store, rectangular store.
- Bumper machines are much harder to break and maintenance is a breeze
This is another positive side-effect of purchasing Bumper plates. Because they are made of plastic, they do not break easily. This also means maintenance is easier because you do not have to clean the machines yourself.
Advantages of using Bumper plates
There are several benefits of using bumper plates. Some of those advantages are
- With proper gym flooring, the bumper plates will not cause any sort of crack on the floor. Be it any exercise that requires lifting off heavy weights. The bumper plates will provide a layer of protection for your gym floor.
- Bumper plates are durable. Due to their durability, they become a very excellent option for investment. Unlike using iron or steel plates which are bound to rust in time, bumper plates can be wrapped in a rubber that will protect the iron inside and will prevent the iron from rusting.
- Bumper plates help in noise reduction. Bumper plates do not completely remove the noise but are much quieter than the iron plate that smashes on the steel. Bumper plates are very convenient if you have a home gym.
- Bumper plates are much safer. While practising for the exercises that require bringing the weights high up and within a short period, there are chances where you can hurt yourself while lowering the weights. While using bumper plates you can easily lower the weights without causing any kind of harm to yourself.
- Adding to their durability, bumper plates are versatile. They are meant to last longer and will not cause any harm to your gym floor.
Types of Bumper plates
Several bumper plates are suitable for your gym. Some of the well-known bumper plates are
- Iron Bull Strength Bumper Plates: The set of weight plates can go up to a weight of 55 lbs.
- Rogue HG 2.0 Bumper Plates: The multipurpose bumper plates that are very convenient for using it in the gym or at home gym.
- Rogue Hi-Temp Bumper Plates: The sets of weight plates are quite costly but will provide maximum durability.
The main reason you should consider purchasing a Bumper plater over a conventional plate for your home gym is that the latter is usually associated with a great deal of hard work. Also, a conventional plate usually only comes with one storage space, while a Bumper plate has several.
As with all items you would purchase for your home or office, you should research the capabilities, limitations, and price of each option you consider. Next, you should decide which option is best for your particular use. Once you have your heart set on a particular option, make sure to do some research to find out what its capabilities are, and what its price is. Once you have that information, you can make a purchase.