The GPS tracker is popular among both companies and motorists.
This device can track the route of movement and the car’s technical condition. This article will analyze several methods for installing and configuring a GPS monitoring device.
And so, what is a GPS tracker for a car? Externally, the beacon looks like a small black box. The device is installed in the car’s cab, thanks to which we have accurate sensor readings about the object’s location with an error of no more than 3 meters.
The GLONASS or GPS comes to the rescue to determine the car’s coordinates. The tracker can work both autonomously and with the power of the car.
GPS beacon for the car, receiving satellite signals, determines the location depending on the signal delay. After that, the data is sent to the server or mobile device.
In addition to the basic functions of a car tracking sensor, it is possible to receive the sound transmission, record the distance traveled, and track refueling/draining fuel.
GPS tracker with magnet for car
This tracker will be very useful in cases of car theft. It is easy to attach to any metal plane and holds firmly. A well-hidden beacon will prevent an intruder from stealing your car. And it will allow you to quickly determine the location of your vehicle.
Mounting a GPS tracker on a car
The installation of the tracker on a car should be entrusted only to experienced employees in the field of GPS monitoring. An incorrectly configured gps tracker can cost you a pretty penny. Installation of a GPS device consists of several stages:
A SIM card is inserted into the tracker. To prevent outside interference, the tracker is sealed. Next, the beacon is attached to the vehicle’s onboard power source.
The GPS Car tracker must be installed so that it would not be possible to touch the moving parts of the car and preferably hidden from unauthorized persons to prevent dismantling. The tracker antenna should be directed to the sky for better transmission reception.
Related Article: How to install a GPS tracker on a car?
Where to safely hide the GPS tracker?
For the safety of your car, it is worth hiding the tracking device in places that are not familiar to this, such as: under the skin of the car, in the place under the bumper, and on the back of the driver’s seat.
Car thieves have probably learned and known these moments for a long time. That is why you need to be smart.
And at the same time, it is worth considering certain nuances, namely:
- An easily accessible place will be the best choice so that there is no problem when repairing or replacing the device.
- To avoid problems with data reception and transmission, it is worth allocating enough space to the GPS tracker.
- Do not hide near the hot places of the car; high temperatures are deadly for self-powered sensors.
- The safe place will be if the GPS device is part of the car.
The next step is to connect the device.
To connect the sensor to the panel, 3 wires are needed, which must be connected with pluses and minuses to the block. The third wire is a line with a non-permanent ACC plus; it is connected to the backup power supply. Then the GPS antennas are installed.
How to choose a GPS tracker for your car
When choosing a tracker, you should pay attention to the following parameters.
- The device must work with a maximum error of up to 3 meters.
- The value of the data transfer rate level should be small; the lower the value, the better the indicator.
- A device that picks up the reflected satellite signals will be better for cars that move in the city skyline. Without this function, an error is possible, as if the car is moving on remote sections of the road.